Our Mission Statement At Volunteer in South Africa:
- To build a Volunteer Organisation that brings “hope” and is a blessing to Africa and South Africa.
- To improve the education in South Africa and Africa by coming alongside the schools and assisting in approving the education curriculum.
- To impact children’s lives with Sports development Projects (keeping children away from substance abuse after school hours).
- To Partner with other Ministries (that fall under our Vision) and provide them with Resources, Finances and Volunteers.
- To see lives restored, bringing hope and practical answers to broken humanity.
- To Impact the less Privileged Communities of South Africa and Create Ideas for the poorer Communities to get Jobs.
- To see people from all walks of life come into a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To walk alongside the lost and the Broken and bring hope into their lives.
- To create a community of people who worship God with passion, bringing fresh sounds and new songs to our Creator.
- To provide an environment for the less Privileged where people flourish in their God-given gifts and are encouraged to pursue their Dreams.
- To create a family environment within the projects and locations that reaches all generations, empowering each generation to reach their full potential.
Here is the link to some of our youtube's on how the Organisation begun in 2007 (When Founder: Mandy and team saw a Great need to get the street children back into school
and keep them away from substance abuse): https://www.youtube.com/user/VolunteerSouthAfrica
The story of how Volunteer in South Africa Started:
The founder of the Organisation: Mandy (weschta) Buchan Grew up in Port-elizabeth, South Africa and Coffee Bay, South Africa (An African Rural area of Southern Africa). She always had a heart for the Less Privileged people from a young age, Due to her Father running a rural african community skills centre for the African People in Coffee Bay. After Growing up with the African people (making bead works with them and living within the African culture). The Organisation was founded due to her heart to always to love upon the less Privileged people. (This is how we have seen this Organisation grow- through Loving apon people in need). Mandy Says "If you can still Love apon some-one even when they are imperfect and not as fortunate than yourself, this is when Jesus loves shines Through you".
Mandy, Got Baptised in 2007 on the 22nd of April at the Newquay Creation Church in the Newquay, Cornwall, United Kindgom. The Word and Message Proclaimed over Mandy and her life on that day was Isaiah 62:3 "You will be a Crown of Splendour in the Lords hand, A royal Diadem in the Hand of your God".
After having been baptised in Newquay and having Lived in the UK for 7 Years she felt a Great calling on her life to reach the Lost. (Adding HOPE and LOVE into people's lives in the depths of Africa), however did not know how to reach her calling in full obedience to the Lord, until one day a Boy by the name of Jason (age 11 at that time), Came past Mandy’s lodge and Stole her Cell phone from her staircase whilst she was washing her car.
The neighbour's next to the lodge saw the boy Jason, stealing her phone and they got into their car to go and drive after the boy. They also called the police. The police happened to be in the area and the police car and the neighbour both found the boy in an Alley way near to the lodge. They took the boy back to the lodge.
The Organisation then made a rule that if the children went to school every-day then they would have the opportunity to surf after school everyday. www.lovetogive.co.za (Mandy Personal Ministry was then launched alongside www.volunteerinsouthafrica.co.uk which helps many ministries in need. The organisation was founded to improve education in South Africa and other parts of Africa, and to see lives transformed, bringing people into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. Mandy and Jason taught 100 children to surf a week in Muizenberg, and since then there are around 500 children surfing a week in Muizenberg, Our organisation was launched to try and get more volunteers to come and help teach children sports, improve the education in South Africa and assist other projects in need.
This video below is a video on how the Organisation begun in 2007 (we hope you enjoy watching it) we also hope that you can come and join us soon at www.volunteerinsouthafrica.co.uk. We offer safe, comfortable, clean Accommodation at all of our Ministry sites. We are currently operating in the following parts of Africa and South Africa: Cape town (the 1st original Ministry), Jeffrey's Bay (Mandy's current home town), Zanzibar Island, Coffee Bay, Sidbury Port-elizabeth and St francis bay.